CoffeeDrinkers Introduction

Hello, 

I am Self diagnosed ASD with other co occurring ailments

I'm studying psychology and mental health including autism

I'm really friendly and sociable and spend most of my time doing stuff on the pc or cooking or making coffee.

I smoke cigarettes and like to drink whiskey as well as have a passion for cooking and gardening.

i do cool things on the computer with the 80/20 brain so I'm always up to something different or forgetting to do something.

i do read books and watch movies on occasion i prefer to listen to music and watch YouTube documentaries or documentaries on other platforms when available 

• I love coffee evry day thats me

• That's civilised.....I'm on my 14th coffee of the day.....it will probably be my last for the day.  It costs me a fortune, even in instant.

• I've had 2 peppermint teas and water so far today Upside down

• That is very nice.  Those type of ad hoc, random, old, infrequent "friendships" (if that's the right word) do sustain my connections with the outside REAL world, outside my weird little scope of normal operations.

I'm on two coffees an hour so far today btw.

• Yes, I did ok but could've done better. That was over 20 years ago and I think/hope I'm better still now than I was then. We're still in contact (from a distance i.e. no longer in the same workplace, company or county even) so that's nice.

• Double wow !  .... and congrats for getting on with the different character.  That is a strength we should all celebrate !

• Funnily enough she was the most attractive woman in the office and also the least motivated (despite the coffee and 6 sugars). She wasn't interested or ambitious about the work we were doing whereas I was a sort of workaholic so we were very contrasting personalities and got on ok overall thankfully Upside down

• I've never got into The Smiths much so far although I appreciate them more now than I used to. I've liked a wide range of music over the years. I was a young adult teenager more with Madchester and dance music scene of the early 90s Slight smile I've just started reading The Whistleblower by Robert Peston 

• Wow !  Did they have any teeth?

• A  colleague in an office I worked in would have 6 spoonfuls of sugar in every cup of coffee she had. 

• Many years ago I went on a residential course with the Boy Scouts of America at their Philmont ranch, which is miles from anywhere. We discovered that the QM had only brought decaffeinated coffee. Some of my colleagues had withdrawal effects, but for some reason, I didn't.

• All I drink is caffeine and I hate drinking anything else

But when I was sectioned no caffeine was allowed and I had to drink water or juice for months

Not nice. I like coffee and cola 

• Also on the subject of caffeine - I have been in rehab treatments before and they don't allow anything with caffeine - when I got out I had a cup of coffee and projectile vomited everywhere. I think we don't realise what a strong drug it is because we become so used to it - but when you cut it out and reintroduce it you suddenly realise! 

• I have an atuomatic coffee machine where you add the beans at the top then it grinds them every cup you make. It's really good stuff I have to say, and I can experiment with different beans depending on what I fancy. Sadly Waitrose have discontinued my normal brand which is really, really irritating because I had got used to it, and you know how us autists hate change! 

I take my coffee with oat milk and 1 x teaspoon of xylitol - I like sweet but I try not to have too much sugar and I found that xylitol doesn't have a strong 'alternative' taste while still giving you a bit of sweetness, it's also low GI and a natural product, so all in all isn't bad for you.

Love to be here for coffee chat!

• Hello Slight smile I'm new as well

I'm going to admit here I thought this was a page for coffee lovers lol JoyJoy 

What music do you like?

What's your favourite book?

.... I really struggle with reading the words are hard to make out. 

TC of yourself...see you around Slight smile

• .......you leave me in suspense !   Do you still drink lots?  Did you stop or cut down gently and naturally because you lost your appetite for it?  I'm on my 9th cup today thus far......

• At one time I was probably drinking the equivalent of thirty to forty cups of coffee per day. I make instant coffee with 2.5 to 3 teaspoonfuls of granules. I had one job where we had a volunteer who made coffee at least every hour. In the days when managers had personal secretaries, my secretary said she could tell where I had been by going around the building and feeling how warm the half-drunk coffee cups were ... I usually got distracted, so I would leave my coffee meaning to come back and finish it, but somehow ...

• I appreciate that sentiment, and certainly agree that it applies to many here in this community.

Personally, I am weird....and more of a git than gifted.

Trouble yourself not though, dear Roy, I am content and have crafted a life that is bearable and interesting to me.

Woe betide those who find themselves stuck with me!  Run Roy, Run!!

• One of my favourite quotes is,”we are not weird, we are gifted.” Are you sure you have no tongue piercings? Grimacing

• Nice.  The colour matches my hair and the mouth looks like my tongue piercing too.

[Disambiguation - I'm weird, but not that way.....the above is merely in jest.]