Daughter of nearly 4 just been dianosed Autistic

Hi, im new to this site, my daughter of nearly 4 has just been diagnosed with autism, Im feeling confused, & lost, what happens now, will she & i now get support?

Parents
  • I have had people ask me what acronyms are on other sites and likewise I have asked what acronyms mean myself.  No-one appears to have been belittled by having done so Longman.  I suspect you are reading way too much into this, and like you say, the term "NT" is used more than enough here and elsewhere.  You also have to remember context, alongside the term GP (don't tell me I have to explain that one too!) it becomes patently obvious (and yes, it is health visitor).  OP has not stated that she doesn't understand.  People seem to communicate in text speak these days anyway.  I kind of therefore feel your post was unnecessary.

• I have had people ask me what acronyms are on other sites and likewise I have asked what acronyms mean myself.  No-one appears to have been belittled by having done so Longman.  I suspect you are reading way too much into this, and like you say, the term "NT" is used more than enough here and elsewhere.  You also have to remember context, alongside the term GP (don't tell me I have to explain that one too!) it becomes patently obvious (and yes, it is health visitor).  OP has not stated that she doesn't understand.  People seem to communicate in text speak these days anyway.  I kind of therefore feel your post was unnecessary.

Children
No Data