Hi

Hello, I  was diagnosed in the middle of my teens when my dad was going through heart problems. It was a stressful and confusing time for me and at first my doctor thought I was suffering mentally but I was later diagnosed with autism.

I'm nearly 30 now, life is a bit better for me but I still struggle with certain things like anxiety and interactions. I started working at a business building in London, as a typist. It's good work, OK money, has got my dad of my back as he keeps pressuring me to be "normal". 

I don't have much to do with my work colleagues as interacting makes me anxious. Though I'm getting on OK with people in the work chat, one other girl called Cindy sent me this today which got once I understood the humour.

Stuck out tongue closed eyes This is very me! I am addicted to cats... I'm tired after 3 weeks of working, but enjoying this weekend as it's the first full one I've had off. I'm anxious about going back Monday but I'm hoping the anxiety will pass in the end, it can be crushing at times.

Parents
  • Hello Kay-Kay and welcome to the forum!

I am currently unemployed. However I have been employed in similar settings to you.

Basically, I keep work at work and home at home 

Don't let anyone tell you to "Be normal". Your condition allows you to be more than most "Normal" people could ever hope to be.

• Hello Kay-Kay and welcome to the forum!

I am currently unemployed. However I have been employed in similar settings to you.

Basically, I keep work at work and home at home 

Don't let anyone tell you to "Be normal". Your condition allows you to be more than most "Normal" people could ever hope to be.

Children
No Data