New here: blessings/greetings/wha gwarn!

Hey,

I did fill my profile, so please have a look...but in summary

42 year old, awaiting assessment (score highly on tests + "hyperactive" as a child), moved to West Wales from London (born & raised).

On here venturing out to be more 'social' - just with my kind of people now, to take the sting out lol! But also learning a LOT too! 

Like Arsenal, dogs, cars, trainers (footwear not the people), architecture, horticulture and history esp Caribbean (due to my heritage).

Im not great with technology (patience and practice), and not keen on the whole 'socials' thing, bit old school.  

Would be great to meet people not just on here but perhaps  eventually IRL groups/outings? Im new so apologise if I've missed the massive section dedicated to that! Im working my way through this beautiful discovery of this website!

Yea so...thats me! Hi!

Parents
  • Hello Bimmer Lady, based on what I've seen of your rather turbulent introduction to this forum I feel like I know you in my off forum life! 

I managed to get in a few posts before I upset someone on this forum, but it's surprisingly easy for a topic to blow up in our faces I found, and presentation skills are really important here, just as much as out in normie land. 

There are two sides to every argument, but that is not the purpose of this forum to debate them. I've found it ridiculously easy to accidentally damage people here and in the real world, by laughing at their stupidity, be careful of that. 

• thank you i appreciate and heed the advice. im drawn to debate bc i genuinely am interested in peoples opinions and lived experiences. we can all learn from each other, which is the point of this forum in some degree. unfortunately i dont take well to people telling me how i think or feel, nor inaccurate narratives presented as facts. lesson learnt and thanks for the kind advice/words.

• thank you i appreciate and heed the advice. im drawn to debate bc i genuinely am interested in peoples opinions and lived experiences. we can all learn from each other, which is the point of this forum in some degree. unfortunately i dont take well to people telling me how i think or feel, nor inaccurate narratives presented as facts. lesson learnt and thanks for the kind advice/words.

Children
  • You might have entered on a turbulent day. But like the weather,  this forum changes. I've been here a long time and pretty much seen it all. Stick around,  it's a worthwhile place to be. Engage in what interests you, ignore what doesn't!