Hello!

Good evening. Thought I would introduce myself, seems to be the thing to do!

I'm a late-realised autist, figured it out as I was hitting 30. Been on the waiting list for diagnosis for three years now, which has given me a lot of time to learn and adapt. I've found it very liberating to have the newfound understanding and to make changes with my needs in mind, rather than constantly pushing against an impossible standard. I hope that's relatable to a few people here. 

I'm mainly looking to engage in the community, perhaps make some friends online. I've tried Discord in the past but I find it to be impossible to keep a conversation going in a room full of hundreds, and having notifications go mad all day long. I think forums might be more my speed - call me old, I suppose! I have some physical health issues which make it difficult to grow friendships in person, as I can't really go out for a meal or drinks these days. But I'm keen to chat, say hello, and engage online for starters.

A bit more about me I suppose! I'm married, and a hamster parent. Just the one hamster at the moment but there have been and will be more, I am sure. I work in a people-facing role in a technical industry, which I am very much enjoying but I suppose it does take a lot out of me. Again, something I can understand more now with the new lens on life, and I do have to rest a lot outside of work. As a result I do enjoy games, particularly Planet Coaster (ask me about my 4+ year project park!), RDR2 and the occasional cosy game. I have a huge special interest in Lego, with a dedicated room, as well as interests in Disney, DLP, ancient Roman history among others - I did once work for Disney but unfortunately I have never been employed in the Roman legions. Oh and I'm a little bit obsessed with Carly Rae Jepsen - no stereotypes here!

Feel free to say hello and hopefully I'll chat with you on here. Cheers :)

• Aren't you kind! Thanks for the opportunity.

I use Planet Coaster as an escape when stressed and a creative hobby, and my park Fancypants Land has turned into a special interest in its own right. Currently at about 1,100 hours of playtime and above 80,000 scenery pieces. There are four lands (will be five eventually), each with defined theming and some of them big and complex enough to be parks unto themselves.

I put months into getting rides themed, tweaked and programmed just right. I have a shooter ride themed around a Caribbean fort, where halfway through you're thrust into a pirate assault on the fort with cannon and fires all around. A rollercoaster that passes over a lagoon and through a skull-shaped volcano. A full pirate town with a boat ride winding through, flat rides, restaurants, a hotel and more. A rollercoaster through a canyon, and another with an entire New Mexico pueblo village as the queue/station. A river rapids that climbs to the peak of the Himalayas and drops under a waterfall. A full Western town and a Mexican themed town just next door. Rides with programmed light shows to music. And the centrepiece is a still in-progress dark ride that takes guests through multiple biomes across the American frontier, from New England to San Francisco via the Blue Ridge mountains, bayou, great plains, Rcckies, gold mines and the wild west.

Each area has crafted themes, music and vibes to immerse the guests fully. I'll often spend time touring the park through a guest camera, enjoying the work I've put in to getting the environments perfected. I've even made ride posters to use in-game and a Spotify playlist in the style of a soundtrack album. It's just pure joyful creativity.

• Ha, probably not the wisest idea! That's kind to say, thank you

• Hello! Not bad - just pushing through a manic period at work. Hope you're well :)

• Hello welcome to the community ^^

• Hello :) 

sounds a very interesting life! I used to have hamsters when I was a child and loved them! Not an option anymore as have a large cat who would probably interrogate one! 

• Hey Octanogal. How you doing?? Slight smile

• ask me about my 4+ year project park!

OK, I'll bite. Tell us all about it, but in less than 1,000 words please...