PIP refusal

Hi I was just wondering how other autistic adults have found the PIP experience? Has anyone been successful in getting PIP? How did you explain your struggles? I got my decision today and they said I don’t qualify. Any help would be appreciated thank you 

Parents
  • I'm on standard. No mobility. I have a reconsideration in right now as ESA just agreed I'm unfit for work and I'm hoping that, with my dismissal letters from work, will get them to add mobility. I cannot go anywhere alone. I only go out to walk the dog.  You have to write your answers so that they meet the criteria. Be concise and honest. I think I failed to get mobility because I didn't tell them how bad I am out of the house which I didn't do originally because I wasn't diagnosed with anything and my meltdowns are so violent I was scared of being sectioned. I had citizens advice help me the first time, a friend who has a 100% success record with clients pip applications helped me this time. She works for a charity that supports young adults, so I assume other charities will offer the same service. 

Remember they reject most applications but a huge percentage get it on reconsideration. So put in for one and get citizens advice to give you a hand. 

• I'm on standard. No mobility. I have a reconsideration in right now as ESA just agreed I'm unfit for work and I'm hoping that, with my dismissal letters from work, will get them to add mobility. I cannot go anywhere alone. I only go out to walk the dog.  You have to write your answers so that they meet the criteria. Be concise and honest. I think I failed to get mobility because I didn't tell them how bad I am out of the house which I didn't do originally because I wasn't diagnosed with anything and my meltdowns are so violent I was scared of being sectioned. I had citizens advice help me the first time, a friend who has a 100% success record with clients pip applications helped me this time. She works for a charity that supports young adults, so I assume other charities will offer the same service. 

Remember they reject most applications but a huge percentage get it on reconsideration. So put in for one and get citizens advice to give you a hand. 

Children
No Data