PIP refusal

Hi I was just wondering how other autistic adults have found the PIP experience? Has anyone been successful in getting PIP? How did you explain your struggles? I got my decision today and they said I don’t qualify. Any help would be appreciated thank you 

Parents
  • I got a call from them today after submitting my forms about 8 weeks ago. 

The lady on the phone said she's a nurse and is calling regarding my PIP application. She asked if it was a good time - unfortunately it was really not, someone had just arrived at my door and I was in the middle of a work day - so I said unfortunately I wasn't able to talk and could she call me back. 

I asked how long it would take and she said approx 15 minutes - everything else I have read online says it is 1hr? Also other people have said it was a video call, not a telephone call? I am not great at talking on the phone...

I requested the call tomorrow morning after a particular time. Now I'm worried I've messed up by saying I can't talk, I was just so flustered and with other people in my house I couldn't speak freely...

Any advice welcome. 

• I don’t think you need to worry - the nurse asked you after all if it was a good time so she must have been prepared for you to say no. As far as the length of the call is concerned it depends how thorough your application was and how many things remain to be clarified - I was awarded PIP without any phonecall.

• I don’t think you need to worry - the nurse asked you after all if it was a good time so she must have been prepared for you to say no. As far as the length of the call is concerned it depends how thorough your application was and how many things remain to be clarified - I was awarded PIP without any phonecall.

Children
No Data