PIP refusal

Hi I was just wondering how other autistic adults have found the PIP experience? Has anyone been successful in getting PIP? How did you explain your struggles? I got my decision today and they said I don’t qualify. Any help would be appreciated thank you 

Parents
  • I am in the PIP system. I've sent in all my forms and letters and now waiting outcome. I have literally no clue on whether I've said the right things or not? I've just tried to be honest. I'm following this thread for more info. 

• if you are turned down at the initial stage ask for a mandatory review and if you are still turned down go to Tribunal. Your chances of being successful improve at each stage - maybe 1 in 4 at MR and 3 in 4 at Tribunal although obviously this does not mean you are guaranteed to be successful. The government / DWP count on people accepting the first answer they are given and giving up. The assessors and the assessment companies are in effect paid to turn  down a high proportion of claims although the government and DWP will deny this.

• if you are turned down at the initial stage ask for a mandatory review and if you are still turned down go to Tribunal. Your chances of being successful improve at each stage - maybe 1 in 4 at MR and 3 in 4 at Tribunal although obviously this does not mean you are guaranteed to be successful. The government / DWP count on people accepting the first answer they are given and giving up. The assessors and the assessment companies are in effect paid to turn  down a high proportion of claims although the government and DWP will deny this.

Children