PIP refusal

Hi I was just wondering how other autistic adults have found the PIP experience? Has anyone been successful in getting PIP? How did you explain your struggles? I got my decision today and they said I don’t qualify. Any help would be appreciated thank you 

Parents
  • What can I say? 

Been through it twice. No points for anything including managing healthcare, which is my one reason for applying and the evidence is overwhelming that I cannot.

Apparently, the vast majority of applications are dismissed. But if you get Citizens Advice involved for the appeal, most of them succeed.

Gross waste of tax payers money to stress people out having to go through appeal. Cheaper to give folk what they need in the first place.

Sigh! 

These things are assessed by people who know nothing about autism and are in any case employed to prevent anyone getting help.

Book a CAB appointment

• Yeah I got 2 points and nothing for anything else apparently being formally diagnosed as autistic doesn’t count as evidence cos I apparently don’t have any problems with relationships and sensory issues and so many other things which if they just looked at the qualifying criteria for an autism diagnosis then they would clearly see that these are the things that every autistic person deals with every single day. 

• Mind blowing. But let's remember the govt doesn't want anyone 'helped'

• Thank you so much for your advice I will book an appointment 

• If you don't have other support, like social worker to help you fill it in or challenge the decision, book a CAB appointment. They know the right language to use.

And document EVERYTHING. Get loved ones who have had to help with this or that to write detailing what they do for you and why you struggle to do it for yourself.

• If you don't have other support, like social worker to help you fill it in or challenge the decision, book a CAB appointment. They know the right language to use.

And document EVERYTHING. Get loved ones who have had to help with this or that to write detailing what they do for you and why you struggle to do it for yourself.

Children