PIP refusal

Hi I was just wondering how other autistic adults have found the PIP experience? Has anyone been successful in getting PIP? How did you explain your struggles? I got my decision today and they said I don’t qualify. Any help would be appreciated thank you 

Parents
  • Very stressful but I succeeded in getting the basic care component without even having to have a face to face. I could only complete one section of the form myself but fortunately a support worker at a local organisation filled out the rest of it for me and I just had to sign it.

Ask DWP to carry out a Mandatory Review (MR). If that isn’t successful take DWP to a Tribunal. Very roughly something like 1/4 of MRs are successful and 3/4 of Tribunals are successful.

• Very stressful but I succeeded in getting the basic care component without even having to have a face to face. I could only complete one section of the form myself but fortunately a support worker at a local organisation filled out the rest of it for me and I just had to sign it.

Ask DWP to carry out a Mandatory Review (MR). If that isn’t successful take DWP to a Tribunal. Very roughly something like 1/4 of MRs are successful and 3/4 of Tribunals are successful.

Children