Hello :)

Hi, I’m Bex. I hope everyone is doing ok! I’m finding this intro quite hard to do, but it’s probably the first step to acceptance and seeking community. 

I’m hoping to connect with others who understand some of wonders but challenges of the ASC world. I’m 39 (very soon to be 40) and after learning about ASC via job over the few years, I’m realising why I’ve endured some of the challenges in life. I have to say it’s like being slapped in the face and being woken up to your life! I just thought there was something ‘wrong’ with me and I was too sensitive (often what I’ve been told). 

I have always struggled socially and I’m lucky that I have an identical twin whom I’ve been able to ‘piggy back’ off in terms of friendships. I was always just been seen as the quiet or shy one. I was often very intense/moody as a child, as I found school very overwhelming and draining. I have struggled massively with social confusion, anxiety and depression. I’m however also a very caring, kind, honest and tenacious person. It isn’t all doom and gloom. I’m also a huge nature, sci Fi, music and Pink Floyd fan. I have however become so burnt out that my interests no longer serve a function and I’m feeling very lost. 

I hope to be able to accept my challenges in relationships and seek compassion for a self I didn’t understand. It’s certainly nice to come across others who many share some of these experiences x 

Parents
  • Welcome to this place.  Glad that it seems to be working for you.  Crazy times....when you've only really just accepted and/or noticed WHY.  It's kinda cool, bit also kinda confusing.

I look forward to bumping into you on the other pages and threads as you explore your particular resonances here.  We're a mixed bag of (generally) loveliness - in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Number.

• Welcome to this place.  Glad that it seems to be working for you.  Crazy times....when you've only really just accepted and/or noticed WHY.  It's kinda cool, bit also kinda confusing.

I look forward to bumping into you on the other pages and threads as you explore your particular resonances here.  We're a mixed bag of (generally) loveliness - in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Number.

Children
No Data