Hello

Hello, I am Zoid. Autistic man in his twenties. I was diagnosed when I was in my early teens, since have had many difficulties in my life, which does increase difficulty in to my life. I also suffer from Generalised Anxiety Disorder. But I have recently began working at a Ladybirds Nursery, the playroom manager is aware of my health and difficulties but I am lucky that she’s a very understanding and supportive woman. In my free time I like to build Lego and work on classic cars (my special interests). Anyway, nice to meet you. I’m looking forward to participating here.

Parents
  • Hello Zoid,

It's interesting to read that you like Lego... you are not alone, quite a lot of ASDers have Lego. I used to build with it  a great deal when it first came along, back in the sixties (I'm an OAP now). I have not built anything for years and years now as I gave all of my collection to a young nephew who also loved it.

I've just read two books by a man called Pete Wharmby. Pete is a teacher who was diagnosed ASD as an adult.  He is an avid fan of lego and mentions it rather a lot in his books... really rather a lot. Apparently he has a house full of it.  So, as I said above, you are not alone.  Peter Wharmby also posts a lot on Twitter.

I too have had a diagnosis of GAD, also chronic anxiety, anxiety state, and others I just can't remember.

Welcome to the forum.

Ben

• Hello Zoid,

It's interesting to read that you like Lego... you are not alone, quite a lot of ASDers have Lego. I used to build with it  a great deal when it first came along, back in the sixties (I'm an OAP now). I have not built anything for years and years now as I gave all of my collection to a young nephew who also loved it.

I've just read two books by a man called Pete Wharmby. Pete is a teacher who was diagnosed ASD as an adult.  He is an avid fan of lego and mentions it rather a lot in his books... really rather a lot. Apparently he has a house full of it.  So, as I said above, you are not alone.  Peter Wharmby also posts a lot on Twitter.

I too have had a diagnosis of GAD, also chronic anxiety, anxiety state, and others I just can't remember.

Welcome to the forum.

Ben

Children
No Data