My son

Hi everyone,I have a 13 year old son who only recently in the last two years that he may possibly have autisim he has to cut labels out of clothes because the feel of them he can't have any plastic wrappings around his drinks bottles he flaps when he's excited has no friends and calls himself a freak :( jes really lonely and sits on his xbox all the time I cry alot wishing my son could get some support and have friends he's such a kind caring boy he's really really sensitive and can't control his emotions well he's not been diagnosed with autism a connors form got sent but I'm convinced he has autisim how can I get help for my son thankyou 

• To get help for your son I think your best option is to get a diagnosis as the symptoms you describe can also be from ADHD or bipolar, and it takes a professional assessment to give  a clear diagnosis if it is one or more of these conditions.

I would approach your GP and also the school (SENCO there) and ask if you can have a diagnosis.

There is some good info on support here:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/autism/support/

While waiting, start documenting his symptoms in reasonable detail to use as the basis of the discussio with the SENCO. A good list of what to look for is here:

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/signs.html

Most people only have some if these symptoms / traits so dont expect to tick every box.

With a diagnosis he will get a lot more support at school and you can learn what to do to improve his quality of life.

Another good source of knowledge for you is this list of books:

Asperger's Answer Book - The Top 275 Questions Parents Ask - Susan Ashley PhD (2006)
    ISBN 1402219776

Asperger's Syndrome - A Guide for Parents and Professionals - Tony Attwood (2008)
    ISBN 9781843106692

Asperger's Syndrome - A Guide to Helping Your Child Thrive at Home and at School - Melinda Docter, Ed.D._ Syed Naqvi, MD (2010)
    ISBN 9780470140147

Note that Aspergers Symdrome is an older name for Autism.