Autism and diagnosis

Hi.

I have posted on here before. But I actually spoke to a doctor today about the possibility I might have autism! He sent me one of those questionnaires. However, they don't seem to cover things like anxiety, mental health etc so I'm not sure what to think and hoping you all might be able to help. As a child I presented challenging behaviour (causing trouble), I had a few meltdowns, I had repetitive behaviour to control anxiety - I have had bad anxiety since childhood. But the questionnaire doesn't cover any of this. Should it? Are these questionnaires thorough? I still have anxiety which makes me feel overwhelmed. I'd love to know your opinion.

Parents
  • What kind of Doctor were they? Was it your self or the Doctor who suggested you are autistic? There are many things it could be.

Perhaps it might help to talk your history out, and talk about what is present for you with an actual psychologist or therapist and see where that leads without second guessing. It may, actually be something else. either way it would be a relief to know.

Perhaps, just do the test, without questioning if it's for you or if you could fit yourself into it. Think of it as just a bunch of questions. See where it takes you. These tests are short enough.

• What kind of Doctor were they? Was it your self or the Doctor who suggested you are autistic? There are many things it could be.

Perhaps it might help to talk your history out, and talk about what is present for you with an actual psychologist or therapist and see where that leads without second guessing. It may, actually be something else. either way it would be a relief to know.

Perhaps, just do the test, without questioning if it's for you or if you could fit yourself into it. Think of it as just a bunch of questions. See where it takes you. These tests are short enough.

Children
No Data