Hi!

Hi, I am 34 years old and have just been referred for an assessment. I'm feeling really blindsided by this, as up until a few weeks ago I had no idea I could be autistic. My daughter has recently been referred for adhd and while I was reading up on adhd and autism symptoms in women and girls, I realised that it could be describing me. I went to my doctor, mostly about my skin picking disorder (which I always just wrote off as anxiety) and she said that it's likely to be stimming and agreed that a referral is a good idea. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and if anyone has any advice on the pre diagnosis stage, that would be incredible

Parents
  • Hi, welcome to here! What kind of advice are you looking for? Like stuff about the process of getting referred for an assessment or the actual assessment itself or something else entirely? 

• Hi, welcome to here! What kind of advice are you looking for? Like stuff about the process of getting referred for an assessment or the actual assessment itself or something else entirely? 

Children
No Data