Newly Acknowledged Autist

Hi guys. I  have never participated in a forum like this before, and I'm  even entirely sure I have the right to do so, since I've never been officially diagnosed; it wasn't until a younger member of my family was diagnosed that I realized how much we have in common (it illuminated SO much of my past life!). Being a literary sort though, I turned I created an alter-ego named "Dan" who writes about problems most of you know well. And since I'm a poet, he writes in verse. 

Enter my daughter Rachel, a neuro-normal intimately familiar with autists, and sympathetic. One thing lead to another, and she started writing as Dan's mother. Dan's mother does not entirely understand him, but she tries hard, and does her best to be an intermediary who advocates for him. Naturally she writes in prose (someone has to). Together we put together a book, and got it published, but since we're lousy at promotion hardly anyone read it.

Recently however a stray reader wrote our publisher (Better Than Starbucks) to tell us about her grandchild, and how much the book helped her understand him. In short she encouraged us to share, so I'm trying. 

I think you might like Dan. Dan is suspicious of pronouns (they change too often), so he avoids "I" and "you;" he is Dan, period: an observant boy who interprets the people around him in ways that makes sense to HIM. If you would like to meet him, just click on his book, which we call A Life Lived Differently; you can find him on 

https://www.betterthanstarbucks.net/product-page/a-life-lived-differently.

And if you don't want to meet him that's okay too; just be gentle. 

Kathryn