Just Diagnosed

I was just diagnosed today with Autism at 26 (female). I'm in the US and unsure what my next steps should be. I have some ideas and know what I need to do for the Academic portion of my life, but outside of school services,I have no idea. My psychologist recommended joining an online group, as that is the setting where I blossom the best socially. I would love advice on what my next steps should be. A little about me I currently work only part-time in my field of special interest in history. I'm in a grad program through ASU for World War Two history. And I would love all the advice you can give me. 

Parents Reply Children
  • On the advice front Iain and Bumper have given some great advice below, and I'll just say as well,  do things at your own pace, we all process things at different speeds and in different ways, some people need to take it slow and take breaks, others need everything at once, none are wrong as they're appropriate for that person.

Otherwise if any questions pop up that you want to discuss we're all very friendly I promise.