Just Diagnosed

I was just diagnosed today with Autism at 26 (female). I'm in the US and unsure what my next steps should be. I have some ideas and know what I need to do for the Academic portion of my life, but outside of school services,I have no idea. My psychologist recommended joining an online group, as that is the setting where I blossom the best socially. I would love advice on what my next steps should be. A little about me I currently work only part-time in my field of special interest in history. I'm in a grad program through ASU for World War Two history. And I would love all the advice you can give me. 

Parents
  • Hi Kitty.  The best advice I can give is to take your time and let the diagnosis settle in your head.  You are still the same person you were before the diagnosis, but you now know more about yourself and I'm sure, in the fullness of time, it will help you to live a better life.  I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago.  I've only told my partner and I'm going to take my time and keep living my live as I currently do for the time being.  I'm going to slowly start finding out more about autism and will start opening up to others and making changes in my life over the medium term.  Good luck to you and welcome!

• Hi Kitty.  The best advice I can give is to take your time and let the diagnosis settle in your head.  You are still the same person you were before the diagnosis, but you now know more about yourself and I'm sure, in the fullness of time, it will help you to live a better life.  I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago.  I've only told my partner and I'm going to take my time and keep living my live as I currently do for the time being.  I'm going to slowly start finding out more about autism and will start opening up to others and making changes in my life over the medium term.  Good luck to you and welcome!

Children