Online learning options for autistic students

My son (who is post 18) is wanting to resume his education after some time out due to mental health issues etc  and is looking for online options. Does anyone on here know of where we could look to find online study options for young adults? Has anyone got any experience of this?
thanks Sun with face

Parents
  • Youtube is good because it's free. I've been learning the guitar recently and how to improve my typing as I've applied at an office to do typing. I hope your son is ok, I'm sorry he has suffered mentally. I was at college five years ago but then my sister died and my mental health slipped so I'm in a similar boat to your son. I found Youtube a big help. There's even videos on what courses to start with so it's a great place if you haven't decided yet as well.

I hope this helps and your son is feeling better soon.

• Hi Fantasy - thank you so much for this, and for your very kind words. I’m sorry you’ve experienced something similar - please accept my condolences for the loss of your sister. It can take a very long terms to come to terms with the loss of someone so close to you - no wonder you struggled. 
    It helps me and my son to know that we are not alone in struggling the way we do. I’m autistic and both my sons are autistic - and we don’t find life easy (understatement!). 
    Thank you for your very helpful words x

• Hi Fantasy - thank you so much for this, and for your very kind words. I’m sorry you’ve experienced something similar - please accept my condolences for the loss of your sister. It can take a very long terms to come to terms with the loss of someone so close to you - no wonder you struggled. 
    It helps me and my son to know that we are not alone in struggling the way we do. I’m autistic and both my sons are autistic - and we don’t find life easy (understatement!). 
    Thank you for your very helpful words x

Children
No Data