Online learning options for autistic students

My son (who is post 18) is wanting to resume his education after some time out due to mental health issues etc  and is looking for online options. Does anyone on here know of where we could look to find online study options for young adults? Has anyone got any experience of this?
thanks Sun with face

Parents
  • Does anyone on here know of where we could look to find online study options for young adults?

What subjects is he looking to study, at what level and to what end goal?

There is a huge amount of self study courses that give qualifications at the end, but these tend to be fairly specific and often career oriented.

I guess a good starting point is knowing where he wants to go in a career and what his current level of education is so we can give a clearer recommendation.

• Hi Iain, that’s one of the problems really, he just doesn’t know what he wants to do. He’s had strong interests in things in the past but over the last year or two he’s felt quite adrift in term of what direction he wants to go in. 

• Hi Iain, that’s one of the problems really, he just doesn’t know what he wants to do. He’s had strong interests in things in the past but over the last year or two he’s felt quite adrift in term of what direction he wants to go in. 

Children
  • Thank you Iain - I will show him these - that’s a lot to think about! :) 

• he just doesn’t know what he wants to do

I've been writing an article about the transition of autistic school leavers to the workplace and have made a list of positions that are often well suited to us, depending on our interests and sensitivities.

See if the following stir any interest im him:

accountant
    administrative assistant
    analyst
    bus driver
    chemist
    claims processor
    college professor
    computer programmer
    consultant
    creative writer
    customer service representative