Hii I'm new here

Hiii I'm new to this forum but I have been diagnosed with autism so I hope I meet people like me who can understand me a little bit more I went to a special needs school now I'm in college studying engineering I have a father that is autistic and a brother with autism too but we all are good people :)

• Hi Ethan, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum

• Thank you so much for this information but i will try to look into some of these books but  I'm not particularly interested in romantic bonds I just don't understand them and why the men treat women a weird way sometimes.

• Hi

I'm an elderly guy in my early 70's and from Ilford, Essex.  I am happy to hear more about you and where you're from.

• a common problem of mine is trying to fit into normal social situations by talking and behave in a certain way

That on its own is a big subject, but one many of us suffer from, myself included.

I'm not sure if you are comfortable with lots of reading material, but if you are then the following may help:

The Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships - Decoding Social Mysteries Through the Unique Perspectives of Autism - Temple Grandin, Sean Barron (2005)
    ISBN: 9781941765388

Other books on the subject (not quite as good as the one above but still relevant):
    An Aspie's Guide to Making and Keeping Friends - Attwood, Tony, Evans, Craig R., Lesko, Anita (2015)
    eISBN 9781784501259

talking about girls in a romantic way

Another biggie for us - I was the same until my first girlfriend took me under her wing as a "project" and was able to teach me more about what is expected, and tolerated my poor social skills as she was training me.

I know that initial step of getting a girlfriend is a huge one, but the following books can help you understand more about the situation even if they won't turn you into an object of desire overnight:

Recommended:
    The Asperger Love Guide - A Practical Guide for Adults with Asperger's Syndrome to Seeking, Establishing and Maintaining Successful Relationships - Genevieve Edmonds, Dean Worton (2005)
    ISBN 141291910X

An Aspie's Guide to Intimacy, Dating, Sex and Marriage - Attwood, Tony, Evans, Craig R., Lesko, Anita (2015)
    eISBN 9781784501273

Other useful books:
    Asperger's Syndrome And Sexuality - From Adolescence Through Adulthood - Isabelle Henault (2005)
    ISBN 1843101890

Love, Partnership, or Singleton on the Autism Spectrum - Luke Beardon (2017)
    eISBN 9781784504847

Making Sense of Sex - A Forthright Guide to Puberty, Sex and Relationships for People With Asperger's Syndrome - Sarah Attwood (2008)
    eISBN 9781846427978

There is a lot to take in here so try to be patient, come back and ask questions about specific things you are unsure about and try to enjoy the process of learning more about yourself and the world you live in.

• thank you that means the world to me as i struggle to connect there is always something to learn about autism as i don't really research about autism as i always tend to think my difficulties relate to me not being good enough but i learn that lots of these problems are just related to my condition a common problem of mine is trying to fit into normal social situations by talking and behave in a certain way such as trying to be challenging around to each other or talking about girls in a romantic way.

• I hope I meet people like me who can understand me a little bit more

Hello Ethan, welcome!

Have you done much research into your autism?

Are there any aspects of it you want to learn more about or are having problems with?

It's good to have you onboard.

• i do feel they understand my condition like i understand theirs and my end goal is to become a robotics engineer.

• Hello! Welcome to your autistic community! I hope you find the sense of understanding you are looking for with your neurokin. We are a very friendly and supportive autistic community.

It’s cool that you father and brother are autistic too! Hopefully you feel like you can relate to each other. Do you feel like they understand you?

What do you hope to do once you have finished your engineering course?