Hello Everyone, please respond if interested. Thank you.

Hello, I am considering setting up a writing-based programme called Grief Encounters, based on the programmed offered by the Isabel Hospice. This writing-based programme would be a pilot. Please send me a note if you are interested in connecting or participating in this pilot. At the moment I am converting a 6-week talking based programme into a writing based programme and am looking for a couple of interested parties to join me on this adventure. First come, first served. Who knows where we might be able to take it...

In terms of previous experience, I have facilitated groups in the Findhorn Community and worked in FE teaching Literacy, Languages, ESOL and EFL. Now, I'm a carer and I write. I've been trying to secure a diagnostic assessment under the NHS for 2 years and the journey has not been straightforward. Writing helps me to process information and slows down my rapid thoughts. Does writing help you?

I am here. Let's keep the discussion here.

Parents
  • It would be great to have few words on what this programme is, who is it for, what to expect, kind of engagement expected, what we would get out of it.

• As it stands, the programme is a 6-week exploration of Grief, usually bereavement, but other sources of grief may emerge during the process. Week 1 is about introductions and finding out about where everyone is with their grief. Week 2 is an exploration of the stages of grief, and an opportunity for participants to reflect on and share where they are, if sharing feels safe. Week 3 is about the participant and where they are, what changes they have experienced through life experience and their relationships Week 4 an exploration of where each participant is and what steps they need to take. Week 5 is about self-care and Week 6 is about what's next - moving on - with subsequent meetings to check in monthly or two-monthly. Together we could discover how best to adapt the programme, so participant input and feedback would be most helpful. Journalling would be encouraged between meetings and there would be an opportunity to share at the following meeting. The idea is to create a self-supporting group and new connections. How does this sound? Together we would identify what works in a writing-based programme and what doesn't, also, whether participants have been able to move on. There would be an opportunity to share details of different support groups discovered along the way. 

• As it stands, the programme is a 6-week exploration of Grief, usually bereavement, but other sources of grief may emerge during the process. Week 1 is about introductions and finding out about where everyone is with their grief. Week 2 is an exploration of the stages of grief, and an opportunity for participants to reflect on and share where they are, if sharing feels safe. Week 3 is about the participant and where they are, what changes they have experienced through life experience and their relationships Week 4 an exploration of where each participant is and what steps they need to take. Week 5 is about self-care and Week 6 is about what's next - moving on - with subsequent meetings to check in monthly or two-monthly. Together we could discover how best to adapt the programme, so participant input and feedback would be most helpful. Journalling would be encouraged between meetings and there would be an opportunity to share at the following meeting. The idea is to create a self-supporting group and new connections. How does this sound? Together we would identify what works in a writing-based programme and what doesn't, also, whether participants have been able to move on. There would be an opportunity to share details of different support groups discovered along the way. 

Children
  • All right. So it's basically for handling grief in a group setting. This information is kind of lingering in the post, but not really.
    I think it's a great initiative, though I don't have anything to grief about. But good luck with it!