Hello, Newly Diagnosed, relieved and wanting to connect

Hello, Im fresh off the diagnosis. Amazed, relieved and overwhelmed. Im having help to integrate this understanding of myself. But i want to connect with others. please say hello. I have always overfelt everything, light, smells, sounds, peoples emotions and not had a clue why i am so exhausted all the time from it. And now ahh that's why.... I am autistic.

Im 48, female, I will always get overwhelmed but this is my first step into connecting with others.

Please say hello

N

Parents
  • Aside of different organisations, such as in the enclosed link below....

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/support-in-the-community/social-groups

I believe that you are have come to the right place.  Also, I believe that an organisation, Autism London is still around as a club offering a different topic each month.  This is just a start and hope that the examples given.  On a final note.  You could try contacting the National Autistic Society.  Tel: 0808 800 4104

• Gosh thank you, im in that reappraising place. I'm concerned that everything I say is now extremely autistic, and every odd glance I receive from someone is because I am profoundly different. Where I know that actually I'm just the same as I was before I found out. And hopefully can become more comfortable with myself, and this interested in their critiques and criticisms of others about my behaviour.

• Gosh thank you, im in that reappraising place. I'm concerned that everything I say is now extremely autistic, and every odd glance I receive from someone is because I am profoundly different. Where I know that actually I'm just the same as I was before I found out. And hopefully can become more comfortable with myself, and this interested in their critiques and criticisms of others about my behaviour.

Children
No Data