Hello, Newly Diagnosed, relieved and wanting to connect

Hello, Im fresh off the diagnosis. Amazed, relieved and overwhelmed. Im having help to integrate this understanding of myself. But i want to connect with others. please say hello. I have always overfelt everything, light, smells, sounds, peoples emotions and not had a clue why i am so exhausted all the time from it. And now ahh that's why.... I am autistic.

Im 48, female, I will always get overwhelmed but this is my first step into connecting with others.

Please say hello

N

Parents
  • Hello I'm pre assessment....my assessment date is in 2 weeks.  I'm really late possible diagnosis too as I'm 51.  I feel I already have some understanding also...I've avoided social situations like the plague the older I got.  A diagnosis will finally join a few dots on the page and I'm hoping the picture will become clearer.  Good to see you on here.

• Coolercoats (I initially read Cooler Cats, and have a habit of picking up snippets of words, and finding some lyrics to worm around in my head, I am now singing cool for Cats. Is this just a meeting or an Auti thing?)

Good luck in two weeks. And as you say a clearer picture, I feel excited for you and thank you for reaching out it means ever such a lot. 

• Haha...great song but the Coolercoats relates to the village in the NE where I live.  Thank you I will keep you updated re: assessment 

• Apologies, you are right the Tunnel of Love also mentions Cullercoats but the ride was in Whitley.

Reply Children
No Data