School admission ECHP

Hello all my name is Jamie Louise, 

I’m new to the this page, I’m hoping to find some advice so I don’t feel so alone. 

my son is Ronnie he is 4 and a half and has been on a waiting list through paediatrics for 2 years now and was referred to Psicon Limited 5 months ago still on waiting list till approx March 2024.

My son is non verbal has real bad sensory issues and communication difficulties, stims and flaps and struggles with no routine, he bites on sensory chewy toys all day to help stimulate his needs. He has a bad history of biting others out of frustration, pinching pushing and pulling on other people, no sense of danger. Very sentience to light and sound. 

My son got an ECHP in place for when he starts school September. He got that after school admissions so I could not apply for SEN school as I didn’t have the ECHP in place. 

I asked if I could then apply for a SEN school and got a reply with I have to try him in mainstream to get a place in SEN School. The school my son got excepted for can’t meet his ECH plan and can not meet his needs. The school actually declined his ECHP Plan but was then told that he still had to attend the mainstream school. Even though his needs are not going to be met and he would not be getting 1:1 support. I know my son will not be able to cope with the school, he can’t be with anymore than 4 children max and there is 65 children. There is no spare unit for additional needs. 

I am not sending my son to a mainstream school that will put himself and others into danger due to his biting needs also it’s really not fair to put him through that stress. My word should be enough for them to put him into a SEN school and not mainstream but yet they want me to prove to them that he cannot cope in a mainstream school. Which I think is cruel. 

I am in process to appeal this and even prepared to take it to tribunal. 

I just wanted to see if there was anyone else going through or went through this process and how it turned out.

it’s giving me such bad anxiety and depression from fear and not knowing what will happen. I’m so worried tor his future. 

thank you in advance

Jamie x