Afternoon

Hello,

i feel somewhat nervous. I was assessed first by a mental health nurse who diagnosed a score of

9 elements to a likely autism diagnosis. She is pushing for a further diagnosis, but like so many things

it totally depends on where you live. Postcode lottery. I am meeting with her again next Friday where

I will hear if she has managed to push for me to get an official diagnosis, or rather to get on to a waiting

list! So many things totally click with autism for me. I also have epilepsy so can find communicating

about that frustrating. But it is difficult when you are in limbo.  I have no official diagnosis so cannot say

this to anyone if applying for anything.

I am finding it a bit stressful as this year i am going back to being a student - aged 50! 

Going to the Open University and what they have been is wonderful and supportive in my problems

with forms and the whole application process.

Sorry for going on! I hate being in limbo and not having an official diagnosis.

Katie

• I get finding the uncertainty a bit trying. I think I'd kinda accepted that I was autistic while I was still waiting (after being told by two psychiatrists that they were certain I was), but it was still a relief to get it over with eventually. I hope your wait is a little less eventful than mine!

Good luck in being a student, and of course you're always welcome to hang around here while you wait for the NHS wheels to turn.

• Uncertainties are the bane of us. We can never second-guess outcomes, as they're beyond our control.

My anxiety is through the roof, even on good days. But, I'm grateful for managing my time better.