Hello :)

Hello there, 

my name is Ree, I’m 26. 

im here because im a bit of a crisis- with my mental health, I am at the lowest of the lows and I don’t know who to turn to, I could contact a crisis line or Samaritans but im not good on the phone, I feel like im on the verge of a mental breakdown. For the past 7/8 years, I’ve become a hermit- I don’t go out due to a traumatic incident that I tried to report to the police but they had the most sheer lack of care and compassion towards it- that it broke me mentally. I live with family but I feel like I can’t reach out to them, I don’t have a job, I just stay indoors day in, day out, It feels like I’m a broken record regarding my mental health- whenever I tell people how I feel, it’s like I’m talking to a brick wall! I’m questioning everything around me, I’m questioning myself because one time, I was asked about my diagnosis- I was 4/5 years old at the time, so I can’t remember what exactly happened- but the diagnosis I was given was “mild autism” this was way back in 2001/2002, I had no clue that the diagnosis system (I don’t know what they call it) had changed, so I got a very weird look from the person who asked- they stated I was either “autistic” or not autistic and that my diagnosis isn’t really a diagnosis anymore- saying that to a person who has always struggled with accepting who they are- it’s set me back pretty damn badly, I don’t know to do- I feel I’m everything is crumbling around me, I feel like nothing happening around me is real either, I’m just stuck in time. 

Parents
  • Hi Ree,

Don't know if this helps but there is a text service called shout text SHOUT to 85258. if you don't want to talk. Also you don't have to say anything if you ring Samaritans, sometimes it just helps hearing another voice or knowing they are there.

Take care x

• Hi Ree,

Don't know if this helps but there is a text service called shout text SHOUT to 85258. if you don't want to talk. Also you don't have to say anything if you ring Samaritans, sometimes it just helps hearing another voice or knowing they are there.

Take care x

Children