Hello and a question about noise

Hello i'm new to the community. I'm 53 and am still waiting for my full assessment to determine whether i am, as i suspect on the spectrum. I also have a history of anxiety and severe depression stretching back as far as my late teens. I am struggling to process a lot of things at the moment but my biggest challange is noise. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions please.

As i'm getting older i'm finding that my tolerance for noise is getting lower, to the point it has me in panic mode, running for any safe space that is quiet. I have got some Sony noise cancelling headphone as well as some Loops but these don't always help me. Just this weekend the noise was intense from mowers, strimmers, hedge cutters, dogs barking, motorbikes and those awful back firing cars...that i became so upset i was wishing i wasn't here anymore.

How do you cope with noise...Any tips or recommendations would be very gratefully received.

Thank you

Parents
  • impossible to deal with the noise in modern day britain sadly.

i walk in farm land and country lane and enjoy the relative silence, and the birds and wind rustling, the natural noise is good and releives stress..... but no matter where you go there is always a background whhoooooossshhhing noise of a constant never ending flow of traffic in the world that ruins the immersion and escapism.

the best thing i can think of for it is to move to a more remote place, scotland would be best ....although i have heard that may have been ruined now with the increasing popularity of a round scotland road holiday trip that everyone does now which may have added that constant whooshing noise to scotlands background sound now too...

and that weird chainsaw noise, why is there always someone doing diy or grinding everywhere? lol always no matter where you go to try enjoy nature you hear that weird chainsaw angle grinder type noise

• impossible to deal with the noise in modern day britain sadly.

i walk in farm land and country lane and enjoy the relative silence, and the birds and wind rustling, the natural noise is good and releives stress..... but no matter where you go there is always a background whhoooooossshhhing noise of a constant never ending flow of traffic in the world that ruins the immersion and escapism.

the best thing i can think of for it is to move to a more remote place, scotland would be best ....although i have heard that may have been ruined now with the increasing popularity of a round scotland road holiday trip that everyone does now which may have added that constant whooshing noise to scotlands background sound now too...

and that weird chainsaw noise, why is there always someone doing diy or grinding everywhere? lol always no matter where you go to try enjoy nature you hear that weird chainsaw angle grinder type noise

Children