Autism Diagnosis - Ongoing

Hi all,

I'm new here.

I'm currently in talks with my doctors regarding an official Autism diagnosis. This is going to be a fairly late diagnosis as I am 33 years old, female, issues have been flagged my entire life in school and my teenage years, but this was put down to me being "Shy". 

I've been researching Autism/ADHD for the past 3 years, I have been diagnosed with Anxiety, depression and PTSD, but always felt as though there was another puzzle piece missing.

My symptoms have gotten much worse in the past 2 years as I've become a Mum during that time-  and have faced myself having shutdowns at home, and after I have returned from work. This is an ongoing thing for me, and it's quite overwhelming! 

I feel like I am pretending to be somebody else when I'm around other people/ in different situations.

I think a diagnosis would help me come to terms with who I think I am, and move forwards from there. 

I'm not looking for any questions to be answered at this stage,  rather just reaching out to the community here to say "Hi" . It's time for me to start making a conscious effort with connecting to people who are like me.

Thank you for reading!

Charli 

Parents Reply Children
No Data