Good morning from the US!

Hello, everyone! I recently received an autism diagnosis about two weeks ago, and my therapist linked me to this forum-- I hope it's okay that I'm coming in as an American Sweat smile There aren't many support groups in my area so she recommended this! The articles I've been reading on this site have already been very helpful.

I live in the southeastern US and work in events management, and in my off time I play far too much Dungeons and Dragons! I'm also into music and video games and am a self-proclaimed cat lady; I have two very sweet black cats that like to tear up my carpet and watch birds from my balcony.

All things considered I am doing fairly well, much better than in years prior when I had a job that was much less supportive without a diagnosis (and I have every confidence that if I asked for accommodations/disability support at my current workplace I would receive everything I needed) but this new information re: being autistic has pretty solidly thrown me for a loop. A lot of very strong, not always positive feelings I am working on managing and readjusting.

I'm excited to be here and read about others' experiences, and hopefully find some guidance!!

Parents
  • Welcome to the UK. 

Glad you are finding the information useful. We are lucky to have the National Autistic Society.

Hope you find talking to us supportive. It is a lot to take in when you first realise you've been Autistic and unsupported all your life. But, hey! As you get comfortable with Autistic you, things can really look up :-)

• Welcome to the UK. 

Glad you are finding the information useful. We are lucky to have the National Autistic Society.

Hope you find talking to us supportive. It is a lot to take in when you first realise you've been Autistic and unsupported all your life. But, hey! As you get comfortable with Autistic you, things can really look up :-)

Children
No Data