I’m wanting to befriend autistic people

I’m 35 and only found out I was autistic at 32. Was wondering if any other people were diagnosed late and feel somewhat not whole. 

Parents
  • After being diagnosed three years ago at the age of 67, I feel that I now know who I am and understand so very many of the difficulties of my past life, and as things continue to fall into place, the better I feel.

So, 'not whole' you ask.   Well, I don't think I've ever felt quite so 'whole' in my entire life as I do now, although I have a strong feeling of being cheated.. a sense of injustice...... Why didn't they tell me before? 

Ben

• After being diagnosed three years ago at the age of 67, I feel that I now know who I am and understand so very many of the difficulties of my past life, and as things continue to fall into place, the better I feel.

So, 'not whole' you ask.   Well, I don't think I've ever felt quite so 'whole' in my entire life as I do now, although I have a strong feeling of being cheated.. a sense of injustice...... Why didn't they tell me before? 

Ben

Children
  • I recently got diagnosed at 31 and I think I’m feeling a bit like you. It makes sense, I was mostly expecting it and once I’m past the initial processing point (was only diagnosed 2 weeks ago), I think I’ll feel really content and validated.

I am angry though and I don’t know if that will fade. I’m angry that it wasn’t identified. I’m angry that people noticed the ‘odd’ behaviours but jested about them rather than look into them.