At the beginning of my journey to learn about ASD to make sure im capable of providing support to my Step- Son now and in the future

Hello All,

my name is Nic, my partners son who is 6 is diagnosed with ASD and is mostly non-verbal with restricted eating, and im pretty much at the beginning of my own journey into making sure that i understand effectively and can provide the right environment and support for him, ive read a lot of information previously in articles and books but were now looking into courses and furthering all of our understanding so that we can impliment what we learn around the home and on trips out and also so i can pass that information onto my wider family so that we are all on the same page in understanding, approach, do and donts etc

so i just wanted to say hello and hopefully i can also find others in my position of being a step parent (i have only 1 years experience so far) as i do not know anyone locally to talk to if i wanted/needed to, which i think id find beneficial over the coming years 

thank you 

Nic

Parents Reply Children
No Data