How to get help?

Afternoon all, I believe that my son aged 10 has Autism. We have approached the school to help and they are carrying out an assessment. To be honest Im lost as to what I should be doing and who else I can get to help my Son. Any advice? who can I speak with to get him assessed? 

Thanks in advance. 

Peter 

Parents
  • Did you already approach your GP? They will need to make the referral to the local children’s assessment service. Let them know the ways in which your son is affected. Don’t list off symptoms. Explain some real life situations you’ve had to help out your concerns across. If your son is willing, have him say what he wants at the appointment.

If you speak to the SEN department at the school, they should be able to put in place any adjustments they can which will make your sins school day more manageable. 

• Did you already approach your GP? They will need to make the referral to the local children’s assessment service. Let them know the ways in which your son is affected. Don’t list off symptoms. Explain some real life situations you’ve had to help out your concerns across. If your son is willing, have him say what he wants at the appointment.

If you speak to the SEN department at the school, they should be able to put in place any adjustments they can which will make your sins school day more manageable. 

Children
No Data