Late diagnosis

Just had confirmation that I am autistic. I am in my late 50s and in the end my life experience couldn't really be explained any other way. It's been like trying to finish a jigsaw puzzle and finally finding the missing piece. I can start to let go of the past and maybe continue studying after I finish an MA. I would find it reassuring to read other people's experiences of late diagnosis. I feel a mixture of relief tempered by regret, if I had had help and support earlier I think many things would have been easier.

Parents
  • Congratulations on your diagnosis!

And yep!  That's about  the size of it.  I was 56.  It's a relief, and I am happy I am autistic, but oh I do so wish I were younger, it would have made such difference.  There is so much that could have been done differently by me and for me.

Better late than never, huh?

• Congratulations on your diagnosis!

And yep!  That's about  the size of it.  I was 56.  It's a relief, and I am happy I am autistic, but oh I do so wish I were younger, it would have made such difference.  There is so much that could have been done differently by me and for me.

Better late than never, huh?

Children
No Data