Hi, I'm Michael

Hi, I'm Michael, a male in my 50's who took early retirement to focus on my passions. I'm an avid traveler and love exploring new places across the UK (usually enjoying live theatre locally and in London). When I'm not travelling, you can find me at home playing piano and studying music—currently studying towards ABRSM Grade 3 Practical and Grade 6 Theory.  

As an autistic individual, I've learned to appreciate the value of routine and structure, and I find that my hobbies and interests provide a sense of comfort and stability in my life. I also enjoy walking with friends and spending time outdoors, especially in nature—just as long as there is a good cafe nearby!

I hope to connect with others who share my interests and experiences. If you're a fellow music lover or theatre enthusiast, or if you simply want to chat about life on the autism spectrum, feel free to get in touch.

Parents
  • Hi Michael and welcome.  I love walking in nature. I frequent different cafes both near nature and in cities. I go to a particular cafe at the same time Monday, Wednesday and Friday sit in the same seat and time myself for a one and a half hour stay.  I love all kinds of music. Have spikey profile with music. Dissertation on the Collaboration of Schoenberg and Kandinski. Studied music theory but now can’t remember where middle C is on the staff.  Did Karnatic theory. First band I saw was Black Sabbath for 80 pence.  Love Hildegard Von Bingen. Just been dancing to Status Quo. Practiced for years but would find it hard to play in a band. Love people. 

• Hi, Aaron. Thank you for your welcome. I visit the same cafes locally, usually, as they are on the same routes that I walk. When I go alone, I don't manage to sit for too long, though, perhaps 30 minutes—the time to drink a tea or a coffee—but when I walk with a friend in the morning, then I order toast with tea, or a very small breakfast. As far as sheet music goes, as I get older, I find it more and more difficult to sight-read because the staves are so small and as soon as you get extra ledger lines, it just makes it difficult to read.

• Hi, Aaron. Thank you for your welcome. I visit the same cafes locally, usually, as they are on the same routes that I walk. When I go alone, I don't manage to sit for too long, though, perhaps 30 minutes—the time to drink a tea or a coffee—but when I walk with a friend in the morning, then I order toast with tea, or a very small breakfast. As far as sheet music goes, as I get older, I find it more and more difficult to sight-read because the staves are so small and as soon as you get extra ledger lines, it just makes it difficult to read.

Children
No Data