Hi, I'm Michael

Hi, I'm Michael, a male in my 50's who took early retirement to focus on my passions. I'm an avid traveler and love exploring new places across the UK (usually enjoying live theatre locally and in London). When I'm not travelling, you can find me at home playing piano and studying music—currently studying towards ABRSM Grade 3 Practical and Grade 6 Theory.  

As an autistic individual, I've learned to appreciate the value of routine and structure, and I find that my hobbies and interests provide a sense of comfort and stability in my life. I also enjoy walking with friends and spending time outdoors, especially in nature—just as long as there is a good cafe nearby!

I hope to connect with others who share my interests and experiences. If you're a fellow music lover or theatre enthusiast, or if you simply want to chat about life on the autism spectrum, feel free to get in touch.

Parents
  • Hi Michael, welcome and I hope you like it here. It's a very supportive place. Definitely lots of music lovers around here, with an active 'share music' thread on the go that phases between busy and dormant spells. I also play the piano (not very well, but it's therapeautic to practice and keep trying to improve) - many years ago I got my Grade 5 practical but you'd never know it to hear me! Too many years of never touching the keys before I came back to it. What's your favourite piece to play if it's OK to ask? 

• Hi  Thank you for your welcome. Yes, I agree. For me, too, it is therapeutic to play and practice. It's a retreat into another world, a world of sound and emotion. I play so many different pieces, it's hard to pick one that is my favourite. I enjoy accompanying singers, and playing with other musicians in band, and so I tend to play lots of contemporary pop, rock and country songs. I recently started to play guitar, too, and am learning open chords.

• Hi  Thank you for your welcome. Yes, I agree. For me, too, it is therapeutic to play and practice. It's a retreat into another world, a world of sound and emotion. I play so many different pieces, it's hard to pick one that is my favourite. I enjoy accompanying singers, and playing with other musicians in band, and so I tend to play lots of contemporary pop, rock and country songs. I recently started to play guitar, too, and am learning open chords.

Children
No Data