Favourite special interest facts

Hello everyone,

I hope that you are all feeling okay. I was wondering whether you could please share your favourite facts about your special interests. I think that it would be a good way for me to distract myself from feeling upset, and maybe it will help other people too.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Original Doctor Who companion and second character to speak a line in the very first episode, Ian Chesterton, was played by an actor - William Russell- who was about to enter his fortieth year when they shot those first scenes, in 1963. He’s still with us, and recently broke a world record for longest gap between appearances of a character/same actor in a show when he turned up in Jodie’s last story just a few months back. 57 years, 120 days. He’s also a true gent and lovely man and I hope he makes it to 100 and beyond. 

• Hi  

William Russell is a genuinely interesting guy to listen to. I recently listened to an interview with him at Big Finish as part of the extra bits at the end. 

I love listening to him read the novelisations. I really like that original 1960's team of Bill Hartnell, William Russell, Jacquline Hill and Carol Ann Ford.

• Hi! Yes, he narrates beautifully. We’re so lucky to have those companion chronicles. Things like The Rocket Men are wonderful additions to the expanded canon: ‘When do you know…?’ 

• I don't remember The Rocket Men. I'm going to have to do a quick google. I've listened to so many of his narrations of the classic target novelisations alongside so many of the new adventures over the years. He's my favourite Doctor Who Audiobook narrator along with Anneke Wilks

• I don't remember The Rocket Men. I'm going to have to do a quick google. I've listened to so many of his narrations of the classic target novelisations alongside so many of the new adventures over the years. He's my favourite Doctor Who Audiobook narrator along with Anneke Wilks

Children
No Data