Favourite special interest facts

Hello everyone,

I hope that you are all feeling okay. I was wondering whether you could please share your favourite facts about your special interests. I think that it would be a good way for me to distract myself from feeling upset, and maybe it will help other people too.

Thank you.

Parents
    1. You can make a dental dam by cutting off the top and bottom of a condom and cutting it in half vertically. It's often much cheaper than buying an actual dental dams
    2. Some people live their whole lives not knowing they have Mosaic Trisomy 21 (Mosaic Down Syndrome), as it often results in less facial differences and less severe health complications
    3. Sloths are excellent swimmers and can hold their breath longer than dolphins
    4. Not really a fun fact, but I know nearly every single LGBTQIA+ pride flag and their definitions. However, I don't know what the colours always represent for each individual flag
    5. There is a massive overlap between neurodivergence, being sexually and/or gender diverse, and having a chronic condition/illness. There hasn't been enough published studies into it to have a percentage, but from professional and personal experience, I'd say it's quite high

(special interests: sexual health, genetic and congenital diseases, sloths, LGBTQIA+ identities and community, neurodivergence)

1. You can make a dental dam by cutting off the top and bottom of a condom and cutting it in half vertically. It's often much cheaper than buying an actual dental dams
    2. Some people live their whole lives not knowing they have Mosaic Trisomy 21 (Mosaic Down Syndrome), as it often results in less facial differences and less severe health complications
    3. Sloths are excellent swimmers and can hold their breath longer than dolphins
    4. Not really a fun fact, but I know nearly every single LGBTQIA+ pride flag and their definitions. However, I don't know what the colours always represent for each individual flag
    5. There is a massive overlap between neurodivergence, being sexually and/or gender diverse, and having a chronic condition/illness. There hasn't been enough published studies into it to have a percentage, but from professional and personal experience, I'd say it's quite high

(special interests: sexual health, genetic and congenital diseases, sloths, LGBTQIA+ identities and community, neurodivergence)

Children
  • Interesting facts.  Thanks for sharing them

• Sloths is a cool interest. I'd never have guessed in a million years they were such good swimmers. 

No. 5 definitely rings true. Not for the first time, I the other day looked up something I've been told I have - in this case mild scoliosis/kyphosis only to find an autism prevalence among people with that thing. In this case, it turns out that 40% of males who have Scoliosis are autistic. According to one clinic for that condition who carried out a survey of their clients/patients.