Hi

Hey, nice to meet you, I'm autistic and hoping this will be a good year as I've struggled mentally for the last couple of years. Finally given mental health services the push as they didn't understand autism and I'm already feeling better.

My hobbies and interests are classic cars, music and writing. I like to collect Lego as well.

Looking forward to making some friends here and hopefully finding some understanding.

Have a good day.

• Yes, a lot of things are difficult at first but it does get easier over time. It can just feel like taking that first step is so challenging that it feels almost impossible.

• Hey there Blush

Welcome to the forum. I'm new too so hoping to make some new online friends too. Although I like different types of music I love music from the 60s and 70s, blues and jazz. What kind of music do you like?

• Your job sounds really cool! You are a knowledge hoover!  I have just researched both the VW Beetle and the E Type Jaguar, they are very aesthetically pleasing, I can definitely see why you enjoy working on them.

I rarely like to restore the same model of car twice, I love the learning everything about that particular car maker and how they think.

I presume classic cars are one of your dedicated interests?

• My father restored classic cars. He loved the Fords and Vauxhalls mostly, owned many different ones. He doesn't restore anymore due to his health.

• I rarely like to restore the same model of car twice, I love the learning everything about that particular car maker and how they think. I basically need to be fed with knowledge, I’m restoring an E type Jaguar at the moment and a VW Beetle, I find the Beetle more interesting, I can see how much thought was put into making every part of it very cheaply made but brilliantly functional. The people’s car. The designer was Ferdinand Porsche, I’ve worked on some of his later creations!

• Your job is obviously very well suited to your autistic neurology! What is your favourite car to work on?

• Hi and welcome to the forum, my music era is 60’s to 90’s, I restore classic cars for a living, only an autistic person has an eye for detail and research that others don’t get!

• Hello and welcome! I love classic cars too, I go to a lot of village classic car shows. Whats your all time favourite car?

• Hello! Welcome to your autistic community!

I hope you feel like you belong here. I am sorry you have struggled with your mental health and services do not understand your autistic experience.

Unfortunately this is a very common experience in our community. I hope it is reassuring for you to know that you are not alone.

Looking forward to making some friends here and hopefully finding some understanding.

This is a very friendly autistic community, I am sure you will find your tribe. I definitely have!

What is your favourite classic car?

I'm already feeling better.

I am glad you are feeling better, this is one of the many reasons why autistic identification is so important.

Look forward to chatting with you more!