Hello

Hi I'm Leaves (Jess),

I've been lucky enough to get an early diagnosis and I feel it's made things easier for me as a lot more made sense in the last few years. There's still a lot of confusion too but having my diagnosis has made a huge difference to me in a good way.

I'm a naturalist, I've done this for a few years now and I never want to stop. From a young age I was obsessed with nature, the world, animals. I knew I'd end up doing something to do with all that for my work, I was obsessed and still am, it's my special interest and I love sharing it with the rest of the world!

Doing this and making videos I get to work with a lot of people and I'm doing my best to raise awareness for autism by sharing my own journey which has had its moments. Autism is just a word, we can do anything we want to, just have to believe and keep going. That's what I did.

I'm currently working on a book. I'm hoping to have that finished by the end of summer. Hopefully published by Christmas. I've already published two books and done audio versions for those who prefer that - myself included. Lol.

I'm so glad to be diagnosed as autistic. I feel from that day I've opened a new exciting chapter in my life and I've not looked back since. Life throws many challenges my way but I face them all with my head held high.

There's more about me on my profile page, though I may have written too much like I have here. Sorry.

Oh, and Happy Autism Acceptance Week!

Parents
  • may I ask a question? I have always had a fondness for nature and exploring but my anxieties have always taken precedence and it doesn't help that I get lost remarkably easily. I was wondering if you have had any of these issues or if you could concieve any possible solutions?

Thanks

• Hi, absolutely, no problem!

I would suggest studying the area in detail beforehand, loading up maps on Google during your exploring won't hurt either. Get to know it before you go and then it won't seem so "alien".

I have had this issue when I was first starting and that helped me. 

I started small as well. Just an ordinary field before anything too big. It's surprising what you'll find, plant life, animals... And also take pictures so you can look back on it and also compare what places are like after different weathers and seasons.

Going with someone, if you can get someone to go with you, will help as well. None of my family ever wanted to join me for nature walks and exploring sadly.

I hope this helps. :) 

• Hi, absolutely, no problem!

I would suggest studying the area in detail beforehand, loading up maps on Google during your exploring won't hurt either. Get to know it before you go and then it won't seem so "alien".

I have had this issue when I was first starting and that helped me. 

I started small as well. Just an ordinary field before anything too big. It's surprising what you'll find, plant life, animals... And also take pictures so you can look back on it and also compare what places are like after different weathers and seasons.

Going with someone, if you can get someone to go with you, will help as well. None of my family ever wanted to join me for nature walks and exploring sadly.

I hope this helps. :) 

Children
No Data