New to site

Hi everyone,

I've just joined after trying to search online for 'fellow aspie' groups/individuals near me, unsuccessful, so I'll try with the online community & have just registered on here.

Conversing with 'normies' is hard work & a road to nowhere (good song btw) even with family.  I have one friend, who I think is on the spectrum but he doesn't want to know about it.

I'm single & live on my own, normally ok but it gets dark at times, usually short lived & not too frequent.

I do things that I shouldn't, as a coping mechanism, but also understand what few things there are that can help.

I'm what's called 'awake' (def not woke) to the real goings on in the world, that can also add to 'the pressure of daily life' (double whammy) but in the grand scheme of things, I would rather know than not, even if it is extra baggage.

I would imagine that there is a higher % of aspies that are awake than not, we're a smart bunch, I'll try to avoid that topic as it can seem controversial to most & don't really want to get booted off here for any misunderstanding.

I like : Music, Fishing (sea & trout) Motogp, F1, Veg Growing, Photography, Online Gaming, DIY & Geo Politics

I guess that's it, maybe see you in the threads.