Diagnosed last year Age 24

I was diagnosed back in October of last year and since then I've just been a mess mentally, (worsening depression, anxiety, and self-hate). Before I was diagnosed, I was under the impression that I was struggling with just both anxiety and depression for most of my life and that these difficulties I've been having could be fixed. Now, however, I've been having difficulty coming to terms that I'm autistic, that the difficulties won't go away, and that I will have to find a way to work with them. I don't know how to accept myself.

Parents
  • Have you considered using Autism Resources in your area? Or have you found that you depression is a result of a lack of community resources?

Because I found that there was a catastrophic lack of resources in my area, so I signed up for an ’Understanding Autism’ course with free courses England. My take on the situation was that, I wasn’t going to let despair reclaim me because the community is ailing, if I cannot go under or through then I’ll go over..!Slight smile

• To be honest, I don't know where to look (I'll look into that understanding autism course). I feel like I was thrown into the deep end when I got diagnosed.

I don't know why I'm depressed, I thought the diagnosis would have helped me come closer to finding the cause. I feel like my depression is caused by multiple different factors. 

• It’s a common consideration that diagnosis has two affective steps to it: The first is elation that a window has opened; the second is to find out that the resources aren’t there.

‘GeniusWithin’ is a good charity for helping you find your way through the ‘mire’ that is Autism on-the-ground. Though you’ve got to be quick, the space fill up quick for counselling, at the start of the month..:)

‘Free Courses England’ have courses, you guessed it, for free. Level 2 Understanding Autism, is the name of the course, when you enrol they find a sponsor as a final step.

• It’s a common consideration that diagnosis has two affective steps to it: The first is elation that a window has opened; the second is to find out that the resources aren’t there.

‘GeniusWithin’ is a good charity for helping you find your way through the ‘mire’ that is Autism on-the-ground. Though you’ve got to be quick, the space fill up quick for counselling, at the start of the month..:)

‘Free Courses England’ have courses, you guessed it, for free. Level 2 Understanding Autism, is the name of the course, when you enrol they find a sponsor as a final step.

Children
No Data