My absence

Hi all,

NAS83898 

I feel I should re-introduce myself. NAS83898 was my former handle. I used it on another email platform successfully for some time before it let me down by decryption of my text into viewable code. This was likely due to my own incompetence as a 78 year old.  I tried to regain normality in vain, so I created a new google email (asbergerMike) dedicated  to this website --- and here I am again.

I've been around a bit and done some stuff as long as it was on a solitary basis. I was never a team player as my social skills really suck. I've been fortunate within our spectrum to be able to mask well enough to feign some sort of limited social acceptability. I wholly sympathize with those of you who are unable to partially engage with the NT world.  I was diagnosed ASD only last year after living a friendless life since childhood.  I find a partial social solace in this community of ours --- albeit at a distant ID, but it nevertheless offers engagement and the support of you wonderfully like minded people. My offer of support with your communal majority will probably be limited, but what little acceptable support I can offer will be from my heart---so bear with me please.

• Hi Mike. I’ve not been around a year yet so I’m only just catching on to peoples names and who they are, I’ve always struggled with the numbers. Look forward to seeing you post again. 

• Doh.

You are correct.

3rd spelling and we get there.

Thanks for that Blush

• Or even 'Asperger'.

Ben

• Welcome back Mike.

I had noted your absence and missed your input.

I believe you hail from New York but now live in I think East Anglia somewhere?

Anyway, it's good to 'see' you again Blush

ps.  Aspberger ..

• Hi Tamsyn,

My NAS83898 ID was initially unintentional. If I new then what I know now I would have created a unique ID which I think I now have. I've a comprehensive profile on NAS83898 and am reluctant to dispense with it. At least this new ID will be more memorable. I look forward to yours and all other engagement in this community.

• Hi Mike, nice to meet you again! I'm glad that you you have changed to a handle that is recognisable, I struggle with numbers so when someone has an 'NAS followed by a string of numbers' handle I find it really difficult to recognise them or know if I have seen them in any other threads. 

I'm glad you find this community helpful, I've not been here long myself but it's given me so much comfort, even tho like you I don't always contribute that much.

Looking forward to getting to know you