Self help books for newly diagnosed

Hi,

Please can someone kindly recommend any type of self help books that have been written for people with ASD.

Without being rude to this website, it do not seem clear on their information pages and feels written towards people without ASD.

Is driving me up the wall that there is some much written as textbooks, for parents, and for people who do not have ASD, and nothing that people with ASD can use them selfs

I am looking for something to help with burnout, communication, social skills, and how to remain in work and cope. 

Many Thanks to you all SunglassesSunglassesSunglasses

Parents
  • I read 'Growing into Autism' by Sandra Thom Jones whilst referred which can be tricky to get in the UK and currently reading 'Unmasking autism' by Devon Price.  First book I loved, second book is tougher going but still good, I just have to be in the right mood. Both authors are autistic.

• I read 'Growing into Autism' by Sandra Thom Jones whilst referred which can be tricky to get in the UK and currently reading 'Unmasking autism' by Devon Price.  First book I loved, second book is tougher going but still good, I just have to be in the right mood. Both authors are autistic.

Children
No Data