Suicidal idiation in7 year old

Background

age7

very high IQ

50/50 custidy

mother chaotic - narcasistic - angry pissesuve

child not really relaxed for years

4 months ago attacks child n s hook - very much more jittery - 

had him for two weeks - almost returned to boy if 3 years ago.

back from mums after a week mood not so dark - but pensive things have been said - very edgy - 

what is prognosis for him ?

• Hello ,

I'm sorry to hear that you may be having some issues with your child. You may like to have a look at the mental health section of our website which has useful links to information and advice about a range of mental health issues: https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health  

You may be interested in seeking some professional support regarding the behaviour. You can search for professionals in your area we are aware of on the Autism Services Directory: 

https://www.autism.org.uk/directory 

I hope this helps,

ChloeMod

• I tried to KMS around the same age, was also dealing with an abusive mother who didn't care about my needs. He should be fine as long as 1) He is removed from the abusive situation 2) is being supported for his autism with regular contact with mental health services. 

• I'm having a hard time following this. Can you explain with a little more detail? 

Any referrals you can get from the GP would help. I'd also find a therapist who offers some practical advice on how to work with this situation.

• Out of curiosity, do either of you have a diagnostic? Autistic "traits" are genetic. And by traits I mean the potential for making hyper-connexions, intense focus, depth of understanding, a vivid imagination, the appreciation of systems and ethics, the ability to recognise danger, and so on. These are not always socially acceptable when young. We are often misunderstood and not helped to become our amazing selves.

Chaotic/narcissism has often been how undiagnosed females are described and misdiagnosed with "Hysteria" 100 years ago, to Bi-polar in the last 30. Usually these are psychological responses to economic hardship and trauma in a world they are a mismatch for. If they also have a high IQ but are rejected continually due to not appearing normal or responding in autistic / ADHD ways which society doesn't like and not helped to their potential, these women may end up incredibly stressed as if they spend their daily lives running into brick walls. So, angry.

Autism isn't trauma, but is often confused with it and traits mislabeled. 

Often as adults we can be flung into parenthood without help and before we've had a chance to mature or understand ourselves. The more grounded we become, the more grounded our children can be. Anything you can do to potentially help your sons mum heal and grow will earn his trust and respect. 

• Hi. Given the nature of your post I’m not sure an online forum is the best place for advice. I’d suggest contacting your GP and maybe social services if you feel his staying with his Mum is causing some of his issues. 

• I kept him for two weeks as he has swallowed berries & tmade ti jump from a tram twice - counts to 10 - tries again - daughter says it’s unheard of in 7 - sounds problematic - 

so prognosis - steps ? Thoughts ?