Hello!

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 13. I’m nearing 26 years old very soon.

I find a lot of challenges with Autism. It’s difficult going out, talking with people even family is extremely difficult and tiring. I feel exhausted. I suffer from generalised anxiety disorder. My anxiety is hard to cope with. I do self harm sometimes to get through the stresses life throws at me. I’m sensitive to light, some sounds and touch.

I don’t go out much. I feel calmer and happier in my house. I’m not a people person, I prefer my own space. I try to stick to the same routine. If it gets interrupted I can have meltdowns which can be upsetting for me and my family.

I’m undergoing a diagnosis for possible MS – I get frequent headaches, tiredness, dizziness and balance problems. I don’t know if this is 100% the cause of these symptoms, it could still be my anxiety, but my doctor wants to check for this and anything else that might be behind it.

I’m interested in a lot of things – I like music, primarily from the 80s and 70s, but also like modern music like Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift. I like to watch films and tv – my favourite series to watch is Doctor Who, Star Trek, The Big Bang Theory, and lots more.
I’m a big Lego fan.

I enjoy my life, even with the Autism. I try and see it as a strength, not a weakness, though it can be debilitating at times but I’m trying to find the superpowers it gives me...