work

Hi there i am in the process of getting an autism diagnosis. I've got to say it's a breath of fresh air reading the posts on here. I'm so happy i'm not alone. The question i have is what kind of work do people do as i have done various jobs but struggle with the social side of it.  

Parents
  • I never had a job until I was 28 - then I got lucky because my mother got me a job at the office where she works. So now I work for an accountant, I have an office room to myself, I can wear headphones all day, and I don't have to answer phones or talk to people. It suits me perfectly, I hope I'll be working there for many years! Before I ended up here I thought I may never get a job to be honest.

• Gosh i didnt think they;re were such jobs. My job involves a lot of people and the woman i support is blind and has a disabled child so she has a lot on her plate and consequently is stressed a lot of the time and can be very difficult to work with as a consequence. I am having therapy and my my therapist says she is bulllying me but even though i get very upset when i come home i always put it down to my autisim and not been able to navigate interaction sometimes. Glad you've got a job that suits you.

• Gosh i didnt think they;re were such jobs. My job involves a lot of people and the woman i support is blind and has a disabled child so she has a lot on her plate and consequently is stressed a lot of the time and can be very difficult to work with as a consequence. I am having therapy and my my therapist says she is bulllying me but even though i get very upset when i come home i always put it down to my autisim and not been able to navigate interaction sometimes. Glad you've got a job that suits you.

Children
No Data