EHCP review

Hi my sons first EHCP review is coming up. What to expect? Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

Parents
  • I can only speak for my area, I don't know if there are differences elsewhere.

The review in my area is conducted via teams with all professionals involved with your son, and yourself. The EHCP will be gone through section by section and changes will be discussed and agreed upon. For example if a child was in nappies at the time of the EHCP, and are now toilet trained, this will be updated. So the EHCP will be changed to reflect and targets that have been achieved, if support needs to be changed or adapted, and as children can change quite dramatically at a young age, any changes that reflect your sons new interests, motivations, and needs.

Hope that helps.

• I can only speak for my area, I don't know if there are differences elsewhere.

The review in my area is conducted via teams with all professionals involved with your son, and yourself. The EHCP will be gone through section by section and changes will be discussed and agreed upon. For example if a child was in nappies at the time of the EHCP, and are now toilet trained, this will be updated. So the EHCP will be changed to reflect and targets that have been achieved, if support needs to be changed or adapted, and as children can change quite dramatically at a young age, any changes that reflect your sons new interests, motivations, and needs.

Hope that helps.

Children