Diagnoses at 53 years old

Hi Iam Stuart 

I got my diagnoses in july last year .its still sinking in but i feel the mask has dropped dramatically. 

Iam still wondering about deficits . i know i miss social Ques and struggle with body language .

I feel like life just started and ive missed loads ..

Anyway hello from me in the desolate North West 

Parents
  • Hi, Stuart. In our defence, I think it's easy to misinterpret cues that are subtle. I had a meeting with two advisers the other week and, when they apparently considered that time was up, one of them offered me their phone to call a taxi. I had a phone with me and didn't want to cost them any money unnecessarily, so I politely insisted on using my own phone at the appropriate time (i.e. "No, really, it's fine." etc). The cue I *think* I missed (merely by being polite) was this: her offer was actually a kind and arguably subtle way of telling me that the meeting should end. Ideally, I would be told directly - "The meeting's finished now, Simon. You can go now" - instead of what for me was merely a kind offer. Was my misinterpretation entirely my own fault? I'm not 100% sure, even if I suspect it was. It only dawned on me two hours after the event what the lady had really meant by her offer.

• Yeah if its not black and white .

Thumbsup

Reply Children
No Data