Hey - this is me

Hey all. So I think I have autism traits as a female. In 50s and I have wondered for a long time whether I am dyslexic, ADHD, then my boss that I have worked for for about 10 years said no neither of those I think you are Asperger’s. Having read around it makes sense - the shutdowns/meltdowns, me always finding things difficult in big groups (although I am a clinician and excellent 1-2-1 which is why I never thought an autistic trait could be an option). I am an academic and my other thing is finding it so difficult to give talks/lectures - one of my bosses gave me the Wonder Woman pose and it worked. Before that many thought I was anxious (I am not) I just shook like mad before I was given a rule to follow! This is me and I think I fit here - but please tell me what you think also.

Parents

• Having read around it makes sense - the shutdowns/meltdowns, me always finding things difficult in big groups (although I am a clinician and excellent 1-2-1 which is why I never thought an autistic trait could be an option).

In "A GP's guide to adults with Asperger's syndrome." in the "Questions to consider when talking with adult patients who may have Asperger syndrome." it asks, "Does he or she:

> find many social situations and interactions, especially in groups, confusing (even though he or she may seem OK one-to-one with a doctor)?"

Being that it is an autistic trait.

• Having read around it makes sense - the shutdowns/meltdowns, me always finding things difficult in big groups (although I am a clinician and excellent 1-2-1 which is why I never thought an autistic trait could be an option).

In "A GP's guide to adults with Asperger's syndrome." in the "Questions to consider when talking with adult patients who may have Asperger syndrome." it asks, "Does he or she:

> find many social situations and interactions, especially in groups, confusing (even though he or she may seem OK one-to-one with a doctor)?"

Being that it is an autistic trait.

Children
No Data